Do you have a great product, but you’re not sure how to get it into retail stores? Do you ever wonder what the store buyers are looking for and how you can make your products more appealing to them?
If this sounds like you, I can help! My retail coaching services for designers will equip you with valuable knowledge for approaching retail stores and show you effective ways for buyers to find you. You will also learn simple tips on pricing for profit, finding great sales reps, and creating lasting partnerships with stores.
Pitching to retail stores is similar to pitching to the media. It’s an ongoing process that requires patience and dedication to be successful. With my unique perspective to guide you, you will embrace this process with ease and excitement!
PRIVATE COACHING: Currently Closed
Do you have a product line but don’t know where to start?
Let’s get you in the right gear and jump-start your retail business. As your personal retail coach, I will work with you to formulate a strategy to ramp up your business. I will help clarify your product business and determine how viable it will be in the retail marketplace. With proper guidance and support, you can turn your hobby into a business. This program will involve a combination of one-on-one private calls and online group support.
After receiving your completed questionnaire, we will create a customized retail strategy to move your business to the next level by showing you how to:
- Find your “sweet spot” and craft your ideal store profile
- Access the competition and clarify how your product fills a void in the marketplace.
- Package your unique offering and price for profit
- Learn ways to WOW the buyer with a thorough retail packet
- Create a buzz that will have buyers to come knocking down your door
- Create a reorder business that requires no work from you!
“ROCK-STAR” Designer 6-month Mentorship Program
- Do you have a great product and looking to grow it to the next level?
- Are you looking to partner with a retail veteran to direct you to the right path?
This is the FULL enchilada for the rock-star designer! As your personal retail mentor, I will help you step-by-step to gather the right mix of ingredients to make your product retail-ready. In this private one-on-one mentorship program you will learn everything there is to know about selling your product to retail stores and will develop a strategy that takes you from the beginning to the end of the product cycle. This program will involve a combination of one-on-one private calls, VIP in-person full day strategy session and online group support.
- Analyze your pricing strategy
- Create a stellar buyer’s packet and effectively approach buyers
- Analyze your website (in more detail) to ensure the proper components are in place to drive sales (both wholesale and direct to consumer)
- Use the 80/20 rule to develop your “meatball” strategy for managing your stock and creating cash flow
- Access the competition and uncover voids in the market
- Analyze your current selling and maximize opportunities
- Create a strong specialty store/department store matrix strategy
- Find the right sales rep
- Develop a liquidation strategy that will help enhance your brand
- Market on a budget and create the buzz you need to attract retail buyers
- Scout out potential retailers and partners that could be a right match for your business
This program is perfect for you if:
- You have a product in place but don’t how to approach retail stores
- You have a product that you don’t know how to price for profit
- You want to create a buzz that will get gain attention from retail buyers
- You want to know how to take your current selling information and quadruple your sales with your existing customers.
This program is not perfect if you:
- You do not have a product-based business
- You are not ready to make any changes
- You are not open to put yourself out there
- You can’t invest time and money in playing BIG for your business
Using my network of contacts, I’ll connect you to must-have resources and teach you all the tips you need to know to create a desirable brand and understand what retail buyers are looking for. We will find win-win partnerships that are right for YOUR business.
Please note: The coaching program is currently closed.
Waiting list for the next coaching program
Thank you! xoxo
Check out what others have said.
“Sometimes I am so caught up in trying to juggle all the aspects of my business that I don’t realize some of the most essential areas that need help. Grace helped me see and realize some very important elements of my brand that were necessary for me to stop ignoring and start working on. Within 60 minutes of speaking with Grace I had a mission list of 5 different areas of my brand that I was going to change. Her one hour consultation was so very informative as well as motivating for me that I had to hire Grace for more!”
-FOUNDER, JACA, Melissa Salinas
“It was a delightful experience working with Grace Kang. Her easy approach in communicating a simple recipe to retail success helped elevate TANE organics’ business to the next level. With Grace’s extensive background in retail, she was able to explain and guide the importance of having a clear and profitable business strategy and plan.
While TANE organics’ success in Great Design was well established, her ability to examine the various business opportunities assisted in the continuation of developing a strong business and marketing platform.
As a business owner, Grace knows exactly what is needed for a successful sale of a stellar brand. Her authentic integrity, her easy mannerism, and sincere but direct approach very quickly contributed to visible successful results. Her patience and enthusiasm, combined with her professional background and industry insight was invaluable as TANE organics reaches its next level.
Grace truly understands the importance of Great Design while developing a Profitable and Successful Business.”
“It was so nice to speak with Grace for our “Critique my Line” session and actually put a voice to the emails! Just in that session alone, I learned so much that I will definitely put into use going forward. I made sure to take diligent notes on all of her advice! It was so great to get an outside perspective on my brand and letterpress cards. Sometimes you get so involved and engrossed in your product that it’s hard to separate yourself from it and see it from the buyer’s perspective. I definitely will be heeding Grace’s advice on the # of cards in my packages (and labeling them as such!) as well as paying closer attention to the sizing of my cards for the various designs. I truly appreciate all of her advice! Thank you!”
-DESIGNER & FOUNDER, Paper-Lovely, Kim Burks
For more testimonials, click here.